Ducklings - Nursery
Welcome to Nursery
Nursery Key Workers : Mrs Parmar (mornings) Mrs Compton (afternoons)
Assisted by: Mrs Earl, mornings and afternoons.
Nursery supports children to take their first steps into school life with happiness, independence and confidence.
The children learn through a structured play environment, which aims to allow all children to assess the seven areas of learning, these areas are:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Indoors, children we have daily access to a range of both open-ended and more structured learning opportunities, these include:
- Role Play
- Art and Creative
- Messy Play
- Mark Making
- Fine motor Skills
- Early Maths
The school has a large outdoor area which the children access whatever the weather enabling them to learn about the world around them and enhance the learning of the indoor classroom.
The aim in the Nursery is to prepare the children for life in school and give them an early love of learning and exploration, having lots of fun along the way.
Children come to our Nursery in the term after their 3rd birthday when 15 hours free funding is available. This covers 5 sessions. They can be taken as 5 mornings, 5 afternoons or 2 1/2 full days. Some children will be eligible for 30 hours of free funding which is 5 full days 8.50am -3pm. If your child is eligible for 15 hours funding you can top up their hours at a cost of £12 per session (morning or afternoon).
Nursery morning sessions are 8.50am to 11.50 am.
(11.50am -1pm lunch club at a cost of £4 for children attending the morning session only. A packed lunch or school dinner is required, see below for details.)
Nursery afternoon sessions are 11.50am-3pm, which includes lunchtime, again a packed lunch or school dinner will be required, see below for details.
If your child is staying for the afternoon session or for lunch club they will need to bring a packed lunch or a school dinner can be provided at a cost of £2.10 per day. School dinners must be booked by 9.30am on the morning of the day that they will be needed. Advanced booking is recommended. School dinners are paid for online, via Caterlink. Please contact the school office if you need a login code.
This half term’s topic is Celebrations around the World
Things are a little different right now due to social distancing. We are not changing library books or bringing in Show and Tell. Hands are washed frequently. There is as much social distancing as possible and our Nursery unit is a bubble that does not mix with other children. Any questions please ask.
A normal school week in the Autumn term will include:
- Library books can be changed any day.
- Show and Tell on a Thursday morning. Please check the nursery window for themes for Show and Tell.
- Please make sure your child has spare clothes in their bag in case they are needed.
- Please ensure your child has a warm waterproof coat on cold/ wet days. As the weather gets colder they will also need a hat and gloves. Please clearly mark all items of clothing with your child’s name. It would be helpful if they could have some named wellington boots in a bag on their peg.
- Please ensure your child has a named water bottle to bring in every day.